Being an empath now is a thing. It’s definitely a buzz word and talked about more now in the last 2 years than I’ve seen in my whole career. That is not to say I don’t believe that individuals are waking up and consciously experiencing their gift because I do. I’m glad they are. Being an Empath is a superpower. It is far less about “developing” it than it is honing.
Below I’ve compiled a non-exhaustive survival guide. I hope you enjoy!
- It’s important to have a spiritual practice. That does not mean you have to be spiritual, religious or take on any belief system that does not feel right to you. It does mean you have to understand energy from a perspective not taught in other modalities. These daily practices will keep you from being overwhelmed and curb the need to isolate. Empaths need a certain amount of quiet time daily. We all have busy lifestyles but downtime for us is essential. Whether you rise early to meditate or you end your day with a long soak in a salt bath, both would be beneficial at least one of those will be essential.
- Know who you are. Empaths take on a lot of energy. Until you become aware of what is you and what is the rest of the world, it is very difficult for you to establish your own identity. What you believe. What you value. What is your passion? I find that journaling is a big help here. It’s a safe place for you to explore without the noise of excess energy. Also, it’s important as an Empath to know who you are because you run the risk of being influenced unduly by others’ emotion. You stand near someone extremely excited about XYZ, you may begin to believe that you too are excited about XYZ, but are you? Do you know yourself well enough to know that you are enjoying their vibration but you may be completely blase` on the entire topic personally.
- Set healthy boundaries in your life and don’t apologize for them. If you find large gatherings overwhelming, invite friends over in smaller groups. Or initiate plans in a 1:1 setting. The point is not to disengage with the world, but to learn how to engage in a way that works for you. If there are certain people that you can’t avoid but trigger you, welcome to the rest of the world. But have a plan, set energetic boundaries through visualization and intention. You can wear protective crystals such as Shungite, Onyx, Hematite or Obsidian that block and absorb energy, stones like Blue Kyanite that transmute or a combination of the two.
- Know your limits. This also refers back to #2, however, you are in control of your energy, not the worlds. Know what you can handle and what you can’t. I have very little problems anywhere I go, but I do know that I can’t handle the energy of a concert or a college football game in an arena full of people. About ¾ of the way through I am just worn out. However, if I exposed myself to that energy more, and I prepared for it more I know that I could. The cubicle work place is probably where an empath experiences the most stress. So often the energy in that environment can stagnate and hang in the air. Visualization of filling your space with white light and zipping up a protective shield around you of clean pure energy is the best way to wash the energy of the office before you interact with it.
- Understand Law of Attraction. In the wise words of one of my earliest teachers, “It’s about energy Dummy.” You will receive energy in like form based on your core vibration. Again going back #2, it is important to know who you are and where you set your vibrational tone and that you set it INTENTIONALLY. You will draw like experiences to you. An empath has the ability to play with the energy of the world. You have extreme drawing power and extreme manifesting powers. If you are surrounded by negative people and experiences realize that you are putting them there. Clean up your beliefs and you will change your experience.
As an Empath we feel, that’s what we do, but it’s not about OUR feelings. We are feeling the energy of others, the room, the environment, etc. Literally, the world is not out to hurt our feelings. We are not VICTIMS. It is not personal. Just like a bird doesn’t fly to anger a fish. The world spins and we have the unique ability to understand it at its core. That is provided, of course, you can get out of your own way. 💞🌺💞🌷💞
Xoxo Jodie Hart
Hop on a Discovery Call with me and let’s see Where Your Abilities are Taking You http://bit.ly/2xBwG7I
Join My Free Group: Worth, Wealth & Alignment http://bit.ly/2y0nKwE